We are pleased to offer a growing calendar of workshops around food security in the community. Click here for the calendar and descriptions!
With great success, the Boreal Centre has continued to build on its' Northern Food Capacity Initiative in partnership with the provincial government of British Columbia and several local organizations. This year, The Boreal Centre has been focusing on building capacity for Eco-Energy and greenhouse retrofitting through demonstration projects. These include:
- Passive heating systems
- Solar air transfer systems
- Ground heat storage
- Other innovative methods of energy capture
Additionally, we have invested our efforts on:
- Networking and creating resources to build community food security
- Supporting production at the Moberly Lake Community Orchard
- Monitoring our ongoing Haskap berry field trials
- Promotion of the Edible Forest Botanicals Interpretive Trail
We are excited to continue working with communities in Chetwynd, Moberly Lake, and Hudson's Hope to make green living more accessible to our Northern region!